ResourceKraft develops incredible web-based systems and applications which help businesses save millions on energy costs. Its embedded devices are currently running at thousands of locations worldwide.
ResourceKraft is now recruiting a passionate Embedded Applications Developer to work at its Limerick offices. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing multiple embedded systems that will be deployed worldwide to help eliminate energy wastage.
As an Embedded Applications Developer you will be responsible for enabling Linux to run on new embedded systems. Distros will include Ubuntu, Debian and Yocto. You will also develop applications to run on these systems.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Modify linux distros to support new processors and peripherals
- Develop applications that run on embedded linux systems, usually to do with data acquisition and control systems.
- Programming languages (in order of priority)
- Work closely with key customers to understand requirements pertaining to features and deployment
Essential Skills Required:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a similar discipline.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the design and development of software through all stages of the SDLC
- Strong understanding of electronics and computer architecture fundamentals, e.g. microprocessors (ARM, x86), I/O chipsets, memories, digital buses and I/O interfaces.
- Good appreciation for automation and control protocols like MODBUS and Bacnet
- Strong C coding experience for embedded software solutions.
- Run-time debugging, performance profiling and performance optimisation of code.
- Experience in networking protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP and Ethernet
- Fluency in English
- R programming
- Knowledge of security, crypto and authentication protocols, e.g. SSL, IPsec, AES, SHA.
- Knowledge of OTA technology
- Knowledge of AWS IoT or similar offerings from other vendors
- Experience of software version control systems and bug trackers, e.g. Git, Atlassian, Jira
- Knowledge of IoT network protocols, e.g. MQTT, CoAP
- Knowledge of the energy industry
- Knowledge of wireless protocols, especially narrowband protocols
- Knowledge of statistical and AI techniques
- Knowledge of TensorFlow
- Knowledge of FPGA programming
How To Apply:
Please send your curriculum vitae and covering letter to email@example.com