FAQs Advisor Energy Management System
FAQs Advisor – Answering questions on its general use, settings and data in an easily accessible way with simple to follow instructions.
This page has been set up for you to fully experience all that Advisor has to offer. Three different sections have been created to help you navigate through the system in a more efficient way. We hope you find all you need in the FAQs Advisor to maximise your efforts towards reaching your energy goals.
Set Up Questions
• Do you have a budget value in mind?
• When were you thinking of completing these works?
• How many meters were you thinking of adding to the system?
• What type of metering (i.e. Elec, Gas, Water)?
• Where are they located?
• Any other info would be beneficial
• Please contact email@example.com with this information and one of our engineers will be able to help you further
• ResourceKraft Admin users can simply navigate to the setup tab and click on “Users”
• Use this link to watch how to add users
• Use this link to watch how to add users to reports
• This short video should help you navigate the Setup screen and change those settings
• They are used as an automated warning tool which aids people who wish to know more about their individual datasources and how exactly they are performing.
• One can set three different types of Alerts, for example a Max Threshold Alert. In this alert the user defines a set limit of usage (a threshold) for a particular datasource. If this is ever breached the user will then be notified either by email or SMS, depending upon their preference.
• All alerts triggered within the system are also placed into our events log file. The events log file contains triggered alerts as well as notes entered by the user.
• If you wish to know more, please view this handy training video which guides you through the uses of the Alerts and Events section.
1. Go into Setup on the main menu bar
2. Select Datasources from the drop down menu
3. Select the Site that the datasource is under
4. Upon finding the datasource, go to actions and click the pencil symbol to edit
5. Change the datasource name and click submit
• If you are unable to edit, it is likely your selected “role” within the system may not be high enough. Ask your Administrator to send us the request to change your role to a higher level of access in Advisor. (Roles are as follows: User, Manager and Administrator)
• When our data logger re-joins the network, it will transmit all of the data it has gathered so you won’t experience any loss. Another built in safety feature from ResourceKraft
• Why is this useful you might ask? Historical data allows you to create benchmarks and immediately compare current (monitored) data against the previous month’s or year’s data. It can also be used to project what usage you should expect to see for a given year and also help you define savings as well as any energy management projects you wish to implement.
• Should you have any queries on this, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. It can be done by clicking the small excel dump link on the graph in the data viewer.
2. Navigating to “Data” and then to “Export Data” will also allow you to grab raw data from the system. This option also allows you to select individual datasources and time ranges.
3. The third option is the ‘Reports’ section. From here you can schedule an export data report that can send the raw data to your mailbox at a specified time and date.
If you wish to have this monitored, please contact a member of the ResourceKraft team.
• If you don’t like your Datasource names, you have the power to change them as you please.
• Try creating a virtual Datasource or two. By adding or subtracting real Datasources, you can create new ones without having to physically metering them.
• Perhaps some extra users on the system might be useful, this way you can have a larger team collaborate with you on projects.
• Should you ever need to do any of the above, check out this great tutorial for the Setup section of Advisor.
• Next time we will discuss some ideas on automating the system
• Notes are an excellent way of keeping track of noteworthy areas of concern on your data viewer. If you notice a spike in usage today, find out what that spike was e.g. extra production; you can then enter a note for that day and time into Advisor, directly onto your data viewer. This is highlighted in our Data viewer video tutorial as discussed in Part 1 of this question. Over time your notes will build up and you may even begin to find trends between them, telling you that something may need to change on site as this issue continues to occur. Notes can also be tracked via the Events log, which we will discuss in our next question
• Ensure your browser is at least Internet Explorer 9 or above, Firefox 4 or above, Google Chrome 12 or above, Safari 5.0 or above
• Try to reset your cookies on your browser as it may need to be refreshed. Examples on how to do this for Chrome and Firefox can be found here and also here
• Close and re open your browser
• Failing the above please contact: email@example.com
• Alternatively what may happen is that something has happened on site. This may mean that an electrical breaker has tripped and somebody needs to check that the device or data logging panel still has power. Once power is restored, the data logger functions as normal. This is an unusual occurrence but happens from time to time for various reasons, accidental or otherwise
• If data has not transmitted for over 24hours, you will hear from the ResourceKraft support team, alerting you to a potential issue on site
• System software upgrades
• Online and offline support
• Access to scheduled monthly online training
• Tariff Updates – Limited to two per year
• Should you ever need to contact ResourceKraft support you can do so by clicking the handy support tab which is located on the left side of every screen within Advisor, or else you can directly firstname.lastname@example.org
• It is most likely a simple case of an outdated tariff on the system, in which case you can send us your most recent bill or tariff from your utility supplier and we will update this for you on the system
• Often utility tariffs are multi line, so to save you the pain of inputting this yourself, we do it for you.
• Once tariffs are up to date accurate costing should be displayed on the system
• If you wish to know more please contact email@example.com