ResourceKraft is now recruiting a Software Developer to work on our cloud-based energy monitoring and analysis software at its Limerick offices.
ResourceKraft is looking for passionate self-learners who are flexible, hardworking and are not afraid to get their hands dirty. An ideal candidate should be fluent in multiple software languages and technologies with the ability to choose “the right tool for the job”.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a state-of-the-art monitoring and analysis system that will be deployed in great numbers worldwide.
General Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Develop and integrate [mainly] server-side software that will interact in real-time with ResourceKraft’s family of embedded devices. The successful candidate will be expected to be totally capable on the whole development stack including various technologies and languages (mainly Python and Java).
- Willing to gain an understanding of the energy efficiency business and our customer’s concerns regarding energy and be capable of meaningfully contributing to discussions regarding customer requirements
- Work with a range of stakeholders to ensure that the correct software features are developed and that the correct decisions are made
- Excellent work ethic, dependable, responsible, good communication, and collaboration skills
- Be prepared to occasionally undertake international travel and visit customer sites to assist with deployments and to better understand customer requirements
- Must be EU citizen or have a valid Work Permit for Ireland and own Visa
- Fluent in spoken and written English with good communication skills
Essential Skills Required:
- At least 3-5 years of experience with Python or Java and related technologies
- An understanding of algorithms, software technologies and when to use them is a must – this job is not just about the assembly of a random bunch of frameworks. The ability to program is a must.
- Experience working with Python’s Django, FastAPI Flask or Java’s Spring, Spring Boot and related technologies is a requirement
- Experience with working with at least one cloud provider, preferably Azure or Amazon AWS
- Experience with working with container technologies like Docker Swarm Kubernetes, Helm
- Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of horizontal scaling methodologies
- Knowledge of energy efficiency domain would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of working with microservice architectures would be a distinct advantage
- Experience working with front-end frameworks like Angular JS, VueJS
- Experience with messaging technologies like: AMQP, JMS, MQTT or STOMP
- Experience working with Apache Camel or similar technology
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIPs)
- An understanding of how databases and other software actually works and how to carry out at least basic optimization in production environments.
- Understanding of statistical techniques would be an advantage
- Knowledge of command-line Linux/Unix and shell scripting would be an advantage
- Experience with Embedded development would be an advantage
B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Information.
How To Apply:
Please send your curriculum vitae and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org