ResourceKraft is now recruiting a Software Developer to work on cloud-based energy monitoring and analysis software at its Limerick offices.
ResourceKraft is looking for passionate self-learners who are flexible and hardworking. The ideal candidate should be fluent in multiple software languages and technologies with the ability to choose “the right tool for the job”.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a state-of-the-art monitoring and analysis system that will be deployed in great numbers worldwide.
General Requirements and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be expected to be competent working in the whole development stack including various technologies and languages (mainly Python and Java).
- Willing to gain an understanding of the energy efficiency business, customers concerns regarding energy, capable of meaningfully discussing requirements
- Work with a range of stakeholders to ensure that the correct software features are developed and that the correct decisions are made
- Excellent work ethic, dependable, responsible, good communication, and collaboration skills
- Be prepared to occasionally undertake international travel and visit customer sites to assist with deployments and to better understand customer requirements
- Must be an EU citizen or have a valid work permit for Ireland and own visa
- Fluent in spoken and written English with good communication skills
Essential Skills Required:
- At least 3-5 years experience with Python or Java and related frameworks
- An understanding of algorithms, software technologies, and when to use them, is a must – this job is not just about the assembly of random frameworks. The ability to program is a must.
- Experience working with Python’s Django, FastAPI, Flask or Java’s Spring, Spring Boot
- Experience with working with at least one cloud provider, preferably Azure
- Experience with working with container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of horizontal scaling methodologies
- Knowledge of energy efficiency domain would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of working with micro-service architectures would be a distinct advantage
- Experience working with front-end frameworks like Angular JS
- Experience with messaging technologies like: AMQP, JMS, MQTT or STOMP
- An understanding of how databases and other software actually works and how to carry out at least basic optimisation in production environments.
- Understanding of statistical techniques would be an advantage
B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Information.
How To Apply:
Please send your curriculum vitae and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org